Live it Right

Life is about making Something out of Nothing at all. If you're able to do that, you're able to do Everything.

Painted Life

Life is like a flower, painted to perfection, yet at the end it wilts, fragile as it is, only the stem left unbroken.

Fallen Leaves

Like the autumn leaves, we fall at times, only to find ourselves blown away by the wind, and thus we reach yet another place.

Prev Next

:Ants:

About the topic. I guess the smart little creatures that lurks around the corners of the house deserves some credit  for this. Duh. Why not? I find them to be particularly intelligent, and this question comes to me: 
"Do ants have brains?" 

I googled the question, and look what I found!! Can you imagine that there's actually such complex system in a body of a tiny creature?!!! Gosh, they could really work on nano tech starting from opening up an ant. Which is kinda? So tiny you can't even see inside of it? Lol. Here are some of the interesting facts.

Ant brains are largest amongst insects. An ant's brain may have the same processing power as a Macintosh II computer. Thousands of years ago, King Solomon wrote: "Go to the ant, consider its ways and be wise". 
The average life expectancy of an ant is 45-60 days. 
Adult ants cannot chew and swallow solid food. They rely on juice which they squeeze from pieces of food. 
The abdomen of the ant contains two stomachs. One stomach holds the food for itself and second stomach is for food to be shared with other ants. There are over 10000 known species of ants. 

I'm not gonna blabber about the rest here. I might have bored you already. But if you need to know more. You can check it out here.

2nd question that I happened to notice ppl asking. 
"Do ants have hearts?"
Here's the answer:
Yes, ants do have hearts. Their heart is a long tube that pumps colorless blood from the head back to the rear and back up again.
Colourless blood??? Gosh, no wonder there's no colour coming out from them when we smash them, but you'll feel err when you pinch an ant. Eventhou it's juz a tinge. That's y I dun kill ants with my bare hands. Bcoz it's juz err...lol...

Neway, I notice them to be very smart bcoz my hse is constantly invaded by ants!! Black and Red ants alike. Don't know about white thou. Had never seen one. Lol.

What makes me think they are SMART:
1# If you put a sweet thing infront of you and STARE at it the whole time, THE ANTS would not come. Sth I've realized. Just when you shift your attention to sth else and tada~!~!! They are chewing on the food already. They're like cunning creatures alwiz sneaking around yet when they get caught they just IGNORE you. Duh. Bcoz they had been engrossed in their delicacy of the day and by that time they don't even bother getting caught. LOL.

2# If you see ONE ant at a place. SMASH it already!!! Or within a few minutes, he'll report back to his headquarters and they'll be hundred and the sum just adds on within a few hours. So yea. It's like an army of ants. In case you don't know, ants are nothing close to SELFISH creatures. Something we should look up from them, even thou they're the ones looking up at us LITERALLY. When they find food, they either inform the rest, or drag the food back to the nest. They practically do not consume by themselves. Unless the hunger is killing them? Haha. Anyway, that's what I've notice.

3# They know how to pierce through wrappers, and I have no idea how they did it. Which brings me to this question. "Do ants have teeth?"

From the various source I sought from. No, they do not have teeth but sth else that could help them penetrate thru their food and which comes in handy chewing on wrappers. Lol.

Haha, I guess it's enuf wif the ants. Neway, my fav ant movie must be "A Bug's Life", a 1998 animation!! I love that movie..haha..xD...ring a bell? =P


PS: I Love You. J[Not the ants ofcoz..=P]

4 Responses so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    "If you put a sweet thing infront of you and STARE at it the whole time, THE ANTS would not come"..xian dun thk so..cz xian hv de experience..they stl cumin..haha..

  2. Sicreci says:

    +Lol, I also tried many times ad, u shift ur eyes 1 sec it will cum ad, if u keep looking at it, it rly won't cum lor...by looking at it i mean the thg is juz at ur side? Lol. Not faraway.

  3. Anonymous says:

    then after they cum,u change de position of de sweet stuff,and stare at it again,xian thk they stl cumin..haha..or mayb diff place de ants gt diff behavior ler..hehe..

  4. Sicreci says:

    +38 lor u...btw.do u noe that u can fill in ur name instead of living anonymous all the time? When I still noe it's u? Zzz...><