Live it Right

Life is about making Something out of Nothing at all. If you're able to do that, you're able to do Everything.

Painted Life

Life is like a flower, painted to perfection, yet at the end it wilts, fragile as it is, only the stem left unbroken.

Fallen Leaves

Like the autumn leaves, we fall at times, only to find ourselves blown away by the wind, and thus we reach yet another place.

Prev Next

The Weird Girl

People always say I'm weird,
Over time, I have grown use to their perception towards me (1st impression)

It's always the same thing, but as I grow, I realize I'm starting to break that wall.
I used to put up a wall around me, refusing anyone that come close.

I'm the type that won't bother getting close to you,
Bcoz I'm the type that grow close to ppl over time.

Let me explain why I think I myself am weird.
It's not the way I look, rather the way I act.

I suppose the reason is due to many factors,
One of the factors is my upbringing,
In contrary to my two sisters, who aren't weird at all,
One is sociable, another anti-social (so it seems la, she only anti some ppl only), that's not weird rite?
But me? I'm the one in between.

Growing up, I'm exposed to different cultures,
Going to a Chinese school when my parents don't speak Chinese was a struggle to me,
I wasn't exactly the same as everyone else,
I was brought up with the best of three worlds,
With my parents conversing to me in English, relatives speaking to me in Malay, and Friends speaking to me in Chinese. (In case u duno, I'm a Hybrid, Half-Nyonya - so called la)

So you see the problem here is when I don't really resemble anyone of those particular people.
As I got influenced from my grandma, I watch P. Ramlee, then I got influenced from my Dad, I watch Hindustani Movies, hence my childhood crush on Shah Rukh Khan (still do, xp)
And then there are my aunts who are fans of Indon drama, Spanish soaps, Philippine shows, I practically watch every type of shows and languages.
Then there's this trend of Japan, Korean and Taiwan dramas as well.
Why I'm telling u this? Bcoz when I tell ppl I watch those dramas, ppl thinks I'm weird (plz dun tell me ur one of them or I'm gonna smack u for sure, xD)

I figure the complexity of my nature comes from the very mixture of upbringing.
I'm always the kid that believes everything happens for a reason,
So if fate place me for this n that, I'll just follow the flow, simple as that.
And being a literature student, I find myself even weirder,
Ppl thought so too, I figure,
Everytime they'll wonder, why Literature? The answer of which u can find it at another post of mine here. Hahaa.

But you know what, no matter how weird I am, I pride myself for always staying true, even if someone wanna say I'm fake (sometimes I have to pretend to protect either my own pride, or ur very dignity, so BEAR THIS IN MIND)
I always believe honesty is the best policy (which makes ppl mad at me most times-can chek this post here as well), juz type honesty. xD
Time goes by, and friends come and go,
I can't keep every friend by my side,
But if they had to go, I thank them for ever being there.

Why be normal when you can be weird?
And to thk a twin cousin of mine tattooed the word strange on her wrist, maybe I'm just the same as her, except I'm weird. Haha.

Okay, so as we speak, even now, new ppl I meet says I'm weird, I seriously don't know to break that perception. I'm like a chameleon thou, ur friendly to me, I do the same, ur quiet then I'll keep quiet. I don't rly take the initiative, but I'm learning now (will do another post on this later)
Oh well, ppl who noes me will tell u I'm crazy, in contrary to the way I look, (cold, lifeless, smileless, lol)
Yea sth like the pic below, like frankenweenie or perhaps corpse bride, I don't giv an expression unless u make me, like rly rly make me?

But when I'm with my friends, you'll see I re-act differently, there was once an article that says we all have different personalities with different surroundings and ppl. It's like having split personality, except I'll rather call it switch personality, where we just switch from this to that in just a sec. right? =)

Well what else? I don't know, if you know me, now tell me, why do you think I'm weird? (I'll give you candies for it? xD)

Your weird friend, Jane