Live it Right

Life is about making Something out of Nothing at all. If you're able to do that, you're able to do Everything.

Painted Life

Life is like a flower, painted to perfection, yet at the end it wilts, fragile as it is, only the stem left unbroken.

Fallen Leaves

Like the autumn leaves, we fall at times, only to find ourselves blown away by the wind, and thus we reach yet another place.

Prev Next

Body|Language

I learn about Non-Verbal Communication last sem,
Which included this topic: Body Language,
And if you've seen "Lie To Me",
Facial Expressions, Hand Gestures are examples of Body Language.

And I've been trying to find out more about it,
Some people are natural at detecting the Truth & Lies based on your body language.
So far I'm only good at detecting a person's emotion from their eyes,
Eyes do not tell lies, but it usually only works with people I care,
Perhaps because I tend to notice them,
And I just somehow got used to interpreting their emotions.

Did some research, and Smiles is another thing,
A genuine smile usually lasts 0.5 and 4 seconds,
Anything longer than 5 seconds is probably a fake smile,
We do a fake smile all the time,
Ask yourself, how many times you actually fake a smile in front of a camera?
I'm sure everybody did at some time.
Yea well, another tell tale sign is that,
A genuine smile actually involves the movement of 17 muscles,
One of it being the eyes,
That's the reason why my eyes always close when I smile with my teeth,
That's real smile, reason why I always don't show my teeth when I smile,
Otherwise you can't see my eyes, haha.

Another thing I notice I do alot is hand gestures,
Whenever I "Don't know what to do",
You'll be sure to see me scratching my head,
Which I think most people do to,
Some people scratch their chin, ears, or whatsoever, you get my point,
When someone is uneasy, they'll move about,
They can't sit in the same position,
They keep switching,
It's really interesting actually,
If you can find out people's emotion based on their expressions,
But be warned that people who are good at differentiating the truth and lies,
Meaning too good,
Won't be good for their life instead,
Life without mystery is dull.

Anyway, that's all today,
You can tell a lot from body language,
Guys ought to learn some,
It'll help with your girl I'm sure,
Since most girls always say a different thing from what's on their mind,
If you can't read it, too bad for you. =P

-lilrig-